Pliny, Wizard of the Moon. Gnome Ornament
These adorable and whimsical handmade gnome OOAK dolls and ornaments are hand felted. They are individually made from head to toe. The hats are created from wool, plant and sparkly fibres that are blended to create a unique fabric, no two are the same. I make gnomes for year-round display, as gnomes aren’t just for Christmas.
This is Pliny the Moon Wizard. He is inspired by the opalescence colours of the opal gemstone. Opal is said to reach its maximum magical power in October, making Pliny a perfect Halloween and Autumn ornament. The hand felted gnome hat is a blend of alpaca, bamboo, merino, eider, Tencel, firestar and Angelina fibre for sparkle. The hat includes a wire for gentle posing. Pliny sits on a 5 inch handmade willow broomstick. I used corn silk for the bristles tied with linen fiber. Pliny isn’t free standing, he has a long length of nylon line for hanging. As well as being adorable, Pliny the Moon Wizard is lightweight and soft to the touch.
Pliny is perfect for your bookshelf and mantle, Halloween tree or flying in front of your window. These gnomes make an incredible gift for your friends, family, or yourself.
See my other hand felted gnomes at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk Sign up for my Gnome Army newsletter to get updates about the gnomes waiting to be adopted. https://www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk/gnome-army
Pliny Wizard of the Moon gnome:
- He stands about 6.5 inches tall and 4 inches around the base including his shoes.
- He sits on a 5 inch handmade willow broomstick. Pliny isn’t free standing, he has a long length of nylon line for hanging.
- He has little flesh coloured cheeks and nose under all those locks.
- His hat is a hand felted blend of alpaca, bamboo, merino, eider, Tencel, firestar and Angelina fibres in blues, pastel purple, browns and florescent green.
- His beard and hair are made from white Wensleydale locks that have been hand scoured by me using ecologically friendly and biodegradable soap. The locks have been sourced from an ethical free-range Wensleydale sheep farm in the Cotswolds.
Each gnome is lovingly wrapped in beautiful tissue paper. They are safely placed in a thick cardboard box for their travels.
Be sure to see all of Pliny’s friends at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk
Small child warning:
*Unfortunately, because of the handmade nature of the gnome, I cannot say my gnomes are safe for children. These gnomes are for decorative purposes only. Please message me if you have any concerns or questions.
**Photos have been taken in natural light. I have done my best to match the real-life colour, however, because monitors and phones are different, there will be some colour variation.
There is various folklore surrounding Gnomes. They are usually portrayed as small magical beings that mostly live underground. They protect Mother Nature’s animals and precious gems and metals.
Nisse/tomte are thought to bring good luck and protect the homes, animals, farms, gardens, and people that treat them nicely. However, they may cause mischief to those that harm them. In Scandinavia, the nisse was said to deliver gifts to the door.