These adorable and whimsical gnome OOAK dolls and ornaments are hand felted. They are individually made from head to toe. The hats are created from wool, plant and sparkly fibres that are blended to create a unique fabric, no two are the same. I make gnomes for year-round display, as gnomes aren’t just for Christmas.
This is Phineas Carmichael He is inspired by the beautiful plumage of the pheasant. The hand felted gnome hat is a blend of copper and mallard green merino, beige and teal tussah silk noil, pale mauve linen fibre, gold firestar and hand dyed copper Wensleydale locks.
His hat brim is wet felted to create a messy, tatted look. The hat includes a wire for gentle posing.
Phineas Carmichael sits on a 2.5 inch disk to allow free standing.
As well as being adorable, Phineas Carmichael is lightweight and soft to the touch.
Phineas Carmichael is perfect for your bookshelf and mantle.
These gnomes make an incredible gift for your friends, family, or yourself.
Sign up for my Gnome Army newsletter to get updates about the gnomes waiting to be adopted. https://www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk/gnome-army
- He stands about 9.5 inches tall and 6.5 inches around the base including his copper shoes.
- He sits on a 2.5 inch wooden disk to allow free standing.
- He has little flesh coloured cheeks and nose under all those locks.
- His hat is a hand felted blend of copper and mallard green merino, beige and teal tussah silk noil, pale mauve linen fibre, gold firestar and hand dyed copper Wensleydale locks.
- His beard and hair are made from white Wensleydale locks that have been hand scoured by me using ecologically friendly and biodegradable soap. The locks have been sourced from an ethical free-range Wensleydale sheep farm in the Cotswolds.