Hugo the Hummingbird Gnome
This hand felted ornament is Hugo the Hummingbird Kitchen Gnome. Hugo is one in a series of gnome ornaments inspired by the hummingbirds that flicker in the sunlight during the spring and summer. Hugo’s hat is a blend of light blue, soft green and white Tencel (nettle fibre); white firestar; bright pink silk noil; leaf green, teal, maroon, and soft blue merino.
Hugo the Hummingbird Kitchen Gnome /tomte/troll/elf doll is made for hanging in your kitchen window, from your bookshelf, mantle or Christmas Tree and would make an incredible gift for your friends, family, or yourself.
See Hugo’s friends at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk and sign up for my Gnome Army to be alerted when new gnomes are up for adoption.
- He stands about 5 inches tall and 4.5 inches around at the base including his shoes. He sits on a wooden spoon measuring 5 inches. A fishing line has been attached to allow for hanging.
- He has little flesh coloured cheeks and nose under all those locks.
- His hat is a blend of light blue, soft green and white Tencel (nettle fibre); white firestar; bright pink silk noil; leaf green, teal, maroon, and soft blue merino.
- He is lightweight and soft to the touch.
- His beard and hair is made from white Wensleydale locks that have been hand scoured by me using ecologically friendly and biodegradable soap. Care has been taken to use wool raised in the UK.
Each gnome is lovingly wrapped in beautiful tissue paper. He is safely placed in a thick cardboard box for their travels.
Can't find the perfect gnomes? I also make custom gnomes to your specifications. See my Custom Gnome listing for information.
Small child warning:
*Unfortunately, because of the handmade nature of the gnome, I cannot say my gnomes are safe for children. These gnomes are for decorative purposes only. Please message me if you have any concerns or questions.
**Photos have been taken in natural light. I have done my best to match the real-life colour, however, because monitors and phones are different, there will be some colour variation.
There is various folklore surrounding Gnomes. They are usually portrayed as small magical beings that mostly live underground. They protect Mother Nature’s animals and precious gems and metals.
Nisse/tomte are thought to bring good luck and protect the homes, animals, farms, gardens, and people that treat them nicely. However, they may cause mischief to those that harm them. In Scandinavia, the nisse was said to deliver gifts to the door.