This hand felted gnome is Helos of the Helicopters. This gnome was inspired not by the flying machine, but by the bright green and pink samara (or “helicopter”) that float from the Maple trees in spring. Helos sports a messy, wet felted witch’s brim hat that is a blend of chestnut and chocolate brown merino; bright fuchsia silk and banana fibre; florescent green Wensleydale locks; light green bamboo fibre; and olive trilobal for shine.
This free standing gnome/tomte/troll/elf doll is perfect for your bookshelf or mantle and would make an incredible gift for your friends, family, or yourself.
Be sure to see all of Helos’s friends at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk
• Measurements: 11 inches (28.5 cm) tall and 5 inches (13 cm) around the base including his shoes. He sits on a 2.5 inch (7 cm) wooden slice to allow free standing and has a little wire in his hat for gentle posing.
• He has a coordinating vest, fuchia brown shoes, little flesh coloured cheeks and nose under all those locks.
• His hat made of a blend of chestnut brown and evergreen merino; gold corridale; orange Blue Faced Leister locks; and gold trilobal for shine.
• He is lightweight, soft to the touch and free standing. The hat includes a wire for gentle twisting.
• His beard is made from hand dyed ginger and green Wensleydale locks.
Packaging: Each gnome is lovingly wrapped in beautiful tissue paper and safely placed in a thick cardboard box for their travels.
Small child warning: *Unfortunately, because of the handmade nature of the gnome, I cannot say my gnomes are safe for children. These gnomes are for decorative purposes only. Please message me if you have any concerns or questions.
Images: **Photos have been taken in natural light. I have done my best to match the real-life colour, however, because monitors and phones are different, there will be some colour variation.