Garrett, Gnome of the Galaxy.
These adorable and whimsical gnome OOAK dolls and ornaments are hand felted. They are individually made from head to toe. The hats are created from wool, plant and sparkly fibres that are blended to create a unique fabric, no two are the same. I make gnomes for year-round display, as gnomes aren’t just for Christmas.
This is Garrett, Gnome of the Galaxy. He is inspired by The wonderful photos of space from the satellites orbiting the Earth. The hand felted gnome hat is a blend of black bamboo and merino, dark blue Corriedale, olive and black banana fibre, bright pink nettle fibre and peach firestar for sparkle. The hat includes a wire for gentle posing. Garrett sits on a 5 inch handmade willow broomstick. I used corn silk for the bristles tied with linen fibre. Garrett isn’t free standing, he has a long length of nylon line for hanging. As well as being adorable, Garrett, Gnome of the Galaxy is lightweight and soft to the touch.
Garrett is perfect for your bookshelf and mantle or hanging in your window.
These gnomes make an incredible gift for your friends, family, or yourself.
See my other hand felted gnomes at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk. Sign up for my Gnome Army newsletter to get updates about the gnomes waiting to be adopted. https://www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk/gnome-army
Garrett, Gnome of the Galaxy:
- He stands about 7.5 inches tall and 5 inches around the base including his grey shoes.
- He sits on a 5 inch handmade willow broomstick. I used corn silk for the bristles tied with linen fibre. Garrett isn’t free standing, he has a long length of nylon line for hanging.
- He has little flesh coloured cheeks and nose under all those locks.
- His hat is a hand felted blend of black bamboo and merino, dark blue Corriedale, olive and black banana fibre, bright pink nettle fibre and peach firestar for sparkle.
- His beard and hair are made from white Wensleydale locks that have been hand scoured by me using ecologically friendly and biodegradable soap. The locks have been sourced from an ethical free-range Wensleydale sheep farm in the Cotswolds.
Each gnome is lovingly wrapped in beautiful tissue paper. They are safely placed in a thick cardboard box for their travels.
Be sure to see all of Garrett’s friends at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk