These adorable and whimsical witch/gnome OOAK ornaments are hand felted. They are individually made from head to toe. The hats are created from wool, plant and sparkly fibres that are blended to create a unique fabric, no two are the same. I make gnomes for year-round display, as gnomes aren’t just for Christmas.
This is Ember, Witch of the Flame gnome. She is inspired by the flames of the Mabon Fire in September. The hand felted gnome hat is a blend of black Corriedale wool, deep plumb purple, grey banana silk fibre, silver firestar and opalescent Angelina fibre for sparkle. The hat includes a wire for gentle posing. Ember sits on a 5 inch wooden spoon and has transparent line so she can float around the room. As well as being adorable, Ember is lightweight and soft to the touch.
Ember is a perfect addition to your Halloween decor or Christmas tree or hanging from your window. These gnomes make an incredible gift for your friends, family, or yourself.
Sign up for my Gnome Army newsletter to get updates about the gnomes waiting to be adopted. https://www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk/gnome-army
- Ember the Elder Witch gnome:
- She stands about 7.5 inches tall and 5 inches around the base including her plumb shoes. She sits on a 5 inch wooden spoon and has transparent line so she can float around the room.
- She has little flesh coloured cheeks and nose under all those locks.
- Her hat is a hand felted blend of black Corriedale wool, deep plumb purple, grey banana silk fibre, silver firestar and opalescent Angelina fibre for sparkle.
- Her hair is made from hand dyed ginger Wensleydale and purple Blue Faced Leister locks that have been hand scoured by me using ecologically friendly and biodegradable soap. The locks have been sourced from an ethical free-range Wensleydale sheep farm in the Cotswolds.
Each gnome is lovingly wrapped in beautiful tissue paper. They are safely placed in a thick cardboard box for their travels.
Be sure to see all of Ember’s friends at www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk
Can't find the perfect gnomes? I also make custom gnomes to your specifications. See my custom gnome listing for more information or message me directly.
Small child warning:
*Unfortunately, because of the handmade nature of the gnome, I cannot say my gnomes are safe for children. These gnomes are for decorative purposes only. Please message me if you have any concerns or questions.
**Photos have been taken in natural light. I have done my best to match the real-life colour, however, because monitors and phones are different, there will be some colour variation.
There is various folklore surrounding Gnomes. They are usually portrayed as small magical beings that mostly live underground. They protect Mother Nature’s animals and precious gems and metals.
Nisse/tomte are thought to bring good luck and protect the homes, animals, farms, gardens, and people that treat them nicely. However, they may cause mischief to those that harm them. In Scandinavia, the nisse was said to deliver gifts to the door.