This is April Showers, the hand felted gnome. He was inspired by the saying "April Showers bring May flowers". Funnily enough, our April has been filled with grey clouded days that turn into pink sunsets. This is the softest gnome I have ever made. Softer than a Persian Cat because of the banana and soy fibers.
My whimsical gnomes are hand felted by me and are individually made from head to toe. The hats are made of wool, plant and sparkly fibers that are blended to create a unique fabric, no two are the same. Beards are made from natural or hand dyed Teeswater and/or Wensleydale locks.
April Shower's hand-felted hat is made of soft merino in various shades of light pink and duck egg, fluffy hand dyed banana and soy fiber, and Angelina fibers.
His luscious locks are from white Wensleydale and natural, hand-dyed Teeswater fleece.
April Showers is premade and ready to ship.
This unique garden inspired gnome/ tomte/nisse/elf:
• Stands about 9.5 inches (24 cm)tall and 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) around at the base including his shoes.
• Is sitting on a 2.5 inch wood disk to make him free standing.
• Is lightweight and incredibly soft to the touch.
• Has a wire running through his body so that you can pose the hat slightly.
All dyed material has been hand dyed and not commercially processed.
• Measures 8 inches from the top to the rim.
• Is a blend of soft merino in various shades of light pink and duck egg, fluffy hand dyed banana and soy fiber, Angelina fibers and tussah silk noils.
• A wire is set in the middle of the hat to allow bending.
• Is made of hand felted core wool.
Hair and beard:
• The lovely locks are white Wensleydale.